Regents are the elected representatives of ACHE affiliates residing in a set geographic territory and are the primary liaison between ACHE, state and local ACHE Chapters, and healthcare associations in their jurisdiction. Regents are also the primary conduit for communications between ACHE higher education network student chapters (HEN) and ACHE. As the elected representatives of ACHE affiliates, Regents serve as advisors within the ACHE governance structure to the Board of Governors.
The current SC ACHE Chapter Regent is Sue Shugart, FACHE, Chief Administrative Officer of Baptist Easley Hospital. Sue will serve as Regent until 2017 and has a number of initiatives underway for our state chapter:
- Supporting the SC ACHE Chapter Board of Directors and our Local Program Councils (LPCs)
- Encouraging the involvement of senior executives in ACHE
- Maintaining a strong relationship with our two existing Higher Education Networks
- Inviting other undergraduate and graduate programs in healthcare to join the HEN
- Publishing Regent newsletters and communications
- Selecting and presenting the annual Regent Awards