Mini-Cluster Agenda: Monday, December 4
- 7:30-8:00 a.m.: Breakfast, networking, and check-in
- 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.: “Leading and Managing in Changing Times”
- Presented by ACHE Faculty Tom Atchison, EdDl
- Discover the coaching skills necessary to drive performance – Transformational, proactive and translational are just some of the words used to describe the change processes that are occurring in today’s healthcare environment. Unique skill sets are needed to lead and manage these processes as the healthcare field transforms. During this interactive seminar, Tom Atchison will discuss the coaching skills needed to drive performance through daily problem solving and continuous staff development. You will gain insight on your organization’s capacity for change as well as your own.
- 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.: Lunch and networking
- 1:00 – 2:30 p.m.: Panel presentation: “The Future of Telehealth Medicine”
- After two decades of fits and starts with telemedicine and telehealth, there is a now a confluence of factors driving technological advances and adoption. Learn from our panel of experts who are creating and executing on a wide variety of telemedicine strategies.
- Roy Gilbreath, MD – SVP Chief System of Care Integration Officer, Navicent Health
- Jean Sumner, MD – Dean of Medicine, Mercer University School of Medicine | Board Member, Global Partnership for Telehealth, Inc.
- Moderator: Rena Brewer – CEO, Global Partnership for Telehealth, Inc.
- 2:45 – 4:30 p.m.: Panel presentation: “Regulatory Impact on Healthcare Delivery”
- Many factors combine to make populations, problems and issues of local area a unique challenge for healthcare executives. The combinations of national and state legislation, and local economic conditions, market trends and health condition trends provide different environments for healthcare organizations. How are other organizations adapting to these ever-changing situations?
- Keri Conley, Esq. – Associate General Counsel and VP Legal Services, GHA
- Barry S. Herrin, FACHE, Esq. – Founder, Herrin Health Law, P.C
- Larry Myers, Esq. – Partner, Smith Moore Leatherwood LLP
- Carie Sumers – Vice President of Healthcare Financing, GHA
- Moderator: J. Alan Kent, DHA, FACHE – President & CEO, Meadows Regional Medical Center
- Location: in the ballrooms of the Edgar H. Wilson Convention Centre, at the Macon Centreplex, 200 Coliseum Drive, Macon, GA
- Price — Includes breakfast, lunch, and free parking:
- ACHE Member: $175
- Non-Member: $400
- (Non-Members – save $50 by joining ACHE now and get the event discount plus membership through 2018.)
- Hotel special rate – Rooms are available if desired for the evening of Sunday, Dec. 3 at the adjacent Macon Marriott City Center for $109 plus tax and $5 parking fee. Make reservations at this reservation link.
- No refunds or credits after November 17. If you are unable to attend you may send a substitute.
- Preregistration closes at noon on Friday, December 1.
- Walk-ins accepted with CASH OR CHECK ONLY.
GAHE presents panel programs independently in multiple locations in Georgia. Members who attend the same panel topic at more than one GAHE event date will earn full credit hours for each presentation.
Register on the “Events” page by clicking here.
Georgia Association of Healthcare Executives an Independent Chapter of American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) | 678-264-8354
Attend ACHE’s 2018 Congress on Healthcare Leadership, March 26-29 at the Hyatt Regency Chicago. The opportunity to lead is an incredible privilege—a doorway to bring about positive change in the communities you serve. Congress offers you the opportunity to be inspired, to be part of the solution and to be among the best and brightest in the healthcare field. Year after year, Congress delivers cutting-edge professional development, practical solutions and unparalleled networking with a global community of healthcare leaders. Be Part of Something Bigger! To learn more and to register, visit ache.org/Congress. Join the conversation with #ACHECongress in all your social media posts.
Click here to register now for MUSC’s Department of Healthcare Leadership and Management’s 20th Annual Healthcare Leadership Conference!
When and Where: Friday, October 13th, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Founder’s Hall
Questions? Call 843-792-1042 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2017 DHLM Conference Flyer