Join SCHA and the SC Chapter of ACHE for a panel discussion and legislative luncheon on March 22nd, 2017 on the grounds of the State Capital. The panel discussion will count for 1.5 ACHE face-to-face credit hours.
321 Blatt Building / 10:15 – 11:45 a.m.
The Healthcare Organization’s Role in Formulating Health Policy
- Rozalynn Goodwin, FACHE, SCHA
- Christian Soura, Director of SC DHHS
- Brad Talbert, CEO of Piedmont Medical Center
- Ann Timberlake, Former Executive Director of Conversion Voters of SC
***Space is limited for panel discussion, so register early!
State House Grounds between Blatt and Gressette Buildings / 12:00 – 2:00 p.m.
Please join SCHA and healthcare industry leaders for a legislative luncheon with state senators and representatives. We will serve lunch and showcase the impact hospitals make on their communities.
This is a great opportunity to engage your legislators about the importance of healthcare issues in and uncertain time for the industry. We hope to see you there!
Click here to register to attend the panel discussion and luncheon.
For more information, contact Tammy Pope at (803) 744-3506.
2017 Board of Governors Exam Prep Course Dates Announced
Increase your knowledge and boost your confidence as you prepare for the Board of Governors Exam by signing up for the SC ACHE Chapter’s 2017 online review course today! The 2017 Prep Course will take place via webinar from 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. EST each Friday from March 31st through June 2nd, 2017.
This webinar series combines convenience and structure to help you prepare for the ACHE Board of Governors Exam with a detailed look at each Knowledge Area on the exam, as well as additional resources to help you focus your studies.
- 10 week lunch-n-learn study course
- Webinar and phone conference from 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. every Friday from March 31st to June 2nd
- Team-based approach
- Orientation and Participant Introductions – March 17th – PHTS in Columbia, SC
Past Participants’ Testimonials
- “I would absolutely recommend this course to others seeking the FACHE credential, and already have! It gives attendees the opportunity collaborate with others and become more engaged in the material than just reading it off a page.” -James Teixeira, DHA, FACHE, Clinical Excellence Director at HCA South-Atlantic Division (Passed Exam Spring 2015)
- “The SC ACHE Board of Governors exam prep course helped to categorize and add focus to the information I was studying, and also helps you to focus on technical accuracy and what else is going on in our industry outside of individual silos or jobs. I would definitely recommend to anyone preparing for the FACHE credential.” -Ransom Weatherford, MSA, FACHE, Process Engineer at Palmetto Health (Passed Exam Spring 2015)
- “Around the same time I had decided that the time was right to pursue the FACHE credential, I was made aware that SC ACHE was piloting a new BOG prep course in South Carolina. Only requiring a single kick-off meeting in person, followed by a successive weekly conference calls during lunch, the program seemed tailored for those with busy schedules. The cost of the program was also very attractive, kept low by fact that each program participant is a contributor and educator as part of a team that is responsible for presenting a specific topic during one of the sessions. I found that the course well-prepared me for the examination, and was also a great networking opportunity with like-minded healthcare professionals across the state. I highly recommend to those looking for solid preparation for the Board of Governor’s Exam.” -Brandon Williams, FACHE, CFO at Brookwood Baptist Health (Passed Exam Spring 2015)
SC ACHE and SCHA Annual Meetings
Date: January 25-26, 2017
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Location: Columbia Marriott
Save the Date for the 2017 ACHE/SCHA Annual Meeting, January 25-26 at the Marriott in Columbia. This annual event provides joint programming for ACHE and SCHA members. For 2017, it will include the ACHE Annual Meeting and awards luncheon, featuring Rich Cordova, immediate past chair of ACHE. ACHE members will also receive 3 hours of Face-to-Face credit by participating in a session titled Improving the Patient Experience to Build Customer Loyalty featuring ACHE speaker, Jake Poore. Visit the SCHA website for additional information and to register.